Wednesday, September 16, 2009

JCA Day 21

I guess this kitty has become our class pet! He loves the kids and lets them hold him and pet him.......up to a point! But he really takes alot before he skidaddles!
Today we worked on a bar graph with M & Ms!
They were each given a cup of M & Ms. They sorted them into colors and counted how many of each color they had. Then they colored in the graph according to the number of M & Ms.
Of course, when it was all over, the M & Ms were really yummy!
They did a super job on their graphs!
The weather bear told us today that it was cloudy and RAINY! Praise the Lord!
So.....we had lunch recess inside!
The "hoolie" hoops were alot of fun!

Ms. Frances came today for music. The students made whole notes out of pipe cleaners.......
And I'm not sure what all else, but I know they had a great time. They also sang a song about being a pumpkin!
We are still working on the letter "o" this week and the number "5".
We have also talked about Jesus being God's One and Only son! Plus, we learned the first part of John 3:16, and now we are learning the next part. It is our scripture for this month.
Can't wait for tomorrow!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! What great teaching techniques-you cover the spectrum of learning styles. The kids look like they are loving school!

Molly said...

I LOVED seeing Logan's bar graph today! so cool...and I know the kids LOVED that activity as well! You're doing a great job...I love hearing Logan talk about Bible stories bc I know he's soaking it all in!

RoAnn said...

Crill, I didn't know you could have M & M's or I would have come. You are doing a wonderful job with our kids.